Cinder

Cinder - Marissa Meyer

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl.

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.

I picked this title mostly because I had heard so many people rave about the series and it was cheap.

I enjoyed this. I don't think I'll continue on with the series as it wasn't exactly the type of book I normally read, and there are entirely too many books I'd rather invest my time in but it was definitely a nice change of pace.

It's been awhile since I read this, so the details are fussy in my mind, therefore I am having trouble remembering exactly what I liked and did not like. I do kind of remember that I felt as though there were too many details left out of this book..so it was a bit confusing at times. I'm sure by the end of the trilogy everything is cleared up. I did like the futuristic twist of Cinderella. Not my favorite fairy tale, but it was kind of fun to see how the fairy tale was twisted around.

Cinder was a solid book and a good start to a trilogy but probably not one I would attempt to follow unless I pick them up at a library.