The Castaways

The Castaways - Elin Hilderbrand

I bought the Kindle edition.

Greg and Tess MacAvoy are one of four prominent Nantucket couples who count each other as best friends. As pillars of their close-knit community, the MacAvoys, Kapenashes, Drakes, and Wheelers are important to their friends and neighbors, and especially to each other. But just before the beginning of another idyllic summer, Greg and Tess are killed when their boat capsizes during an anniversary sail. As the warm weather approaches and the island mourns their loss, nothing can prepare the MacAvoy's closest friends for what will be revealed.

This is the third Elin Hilderbrand book I have read, and I was actually pretty disappointed in it. I never before felt as if Hilderbrand's books were too soap opera like, but with this one I definitely got that impression...a long, drawn out soap opera.

The story line was okay, I actually liked the idea of the plot, but not on how it was executed. The characters were interesting as well, although none of them really were the type of people I'd personally want to be friends with.

I don't think I'll be in a hurry to read another Elin Hilderbrand book, unless I pick it up for cheap.