SPOILER ALERT!

Twisted Sisters

Twisted Sisters - Jen Lancaster

I bought the Kindle edition of this book.

Reagan Bishop is a pusher. A licensed psychologist who stars on the Wendy Winsberg cable breakout show I Need a Push, Reagan helps participants become their best selves by urging them to overcome obstacles and change behaviors. An overachiever, Reagan is used to delivering results.

Despite her overwhelming professional success, Reagan never seems to earn her family’s respect. Her younger sister, Geri, is and always will be the Bishop family favorite. When a national network buys Reagan’s show, the pressures for unreasonably quick results and higher ratings mount. But Reagan’s a clinician, not a magician, and fears witnessing her own personal failings in prime time. (And seriously? Her family will never let her hear the end of it.) Desperate to make the show work and keep her family at bay, Reagan actually listens when the show’s New Age healer offers an unconventional solutionÂ…

Record Nielsen ratings follow. But when Reagan decides to use her newfound power to teach everyone a lesson about sibling rivalry, she’s the one who will be schooledÂ…

I have read several of Jen Lancaster's memoirs and I consider them to be some of the funniest books I have ever read. I recall one even making me snort out loud because I was laughing so hard. Fortunately I was in the privacy of my own bedroom at the time...but I digress. This was my first foray into Jen Lancaster's fiction. When I saw this book was on sale I grabbed it and as I was due to take a three hour train ride, figured it would be the perfect book to keep me entertained. Sadly, I was mistaken.

What I liked: I guess I liked Reagan's sister Geri and I really wished Lancaster had flipped back and forth between the two sisters instead of keeping the focus entirely on Reagan.

What I didn't like: Oh god, where to start? I didn't like Reagan at all. Most of this book was a chore to read because I found Reagan to be such an unlikable character. Then the plot twist was just ridiculous. Honestly, once the whole plot line of switching bodies was introduced I very nearly gave up and DNF it. But I powered on and I did end up kind of liking the end but I didn't find it overly satisfying and the whole book just felt extremely contrived,

I will probably go back and read The Tao of Martha and Jenneration X as those are the two memoirs by Jen Lancaster I haven't read yet...but I kind of doubt that I will go and read any more of her fiction.