The Partner

The Partner - John Grisham

I picked this book up at the town rummage sale.

They watched Danilo Silva for days before they finally grabbed him. He was living alone, a quiet life on a shady street in Brazil; a simple life in a modest home, certainly not one of luxury. Certainly no evidence of the fortune they thought he had stolen. He was much thinner and his face had been altered. He spoke a different language, and spoke it very well.But Danilo had a past with many chapters. Four years earlier he had been Patrick Lanigan, a young partner in a prominent Biloxi law firm. He had a pretty wife, a new daughter, and a bright future. Then one cold winter night Patrick was trapped in a burning car and died a horrible death. When he was buried his casket held nothing more than his ashes.From a short distance away, Patrick watched his own burial. Then he fled. Six weeks later, a fortune was stolen from his ex-law firm's offshore account. And Patrick fled some more.But they found him.

First Impression: This sounded very promising. While I wasn't very keen on the last Grisham book I read, this seemed like it would be a true vintage John Grisham novel and I was prepared for excitement.

What I liked: It was an okay read.

What I didn't like: Well, I finished this about a week ago and honestly, I am really struggling to actually remember it. I could understand this if I had read this say, a month ago, or read several similar books after this one but that's not the case. It just had such a tiny impact on me I can't recall enough to actually write a decent review.