This is how it's going to be...

Autobiography of a Face - Lucy Grealy Assassination Vacation - Sarah Vowell Wishin' and Hopin': A Christmas Story - Wally Lamb Divergent - Veronica Roth Soy Sauce for Beginners - Kirstin Chen The Reason I Jump: The Inner Voice of a Thirteen-Year-Old Boy with Autism - K.A. Yoshida, Naoki Higashida, David Mitchell SEVEN-X - Mike Wech

Over the last two week period I read 8 books but as I was busy working and traveling, I did not get to write reviews for any of them. As I still have no time to write the reviews, yet don't want to break my record of writing reviews for every book written this year...I'm going to do one big post with a short  blurb about each book...

Autobiography of a Face: This was an extremely painful and personal read for me. I loved it, Lucy Grealy tells her story so well but as someone who also grew up with a very noticeable physical deformity it was hard to read. I wish I had had the opportunity to read this in my teens.

Assassination Vacation: I always enjoy Sarah Vowell's contributions to This American Life but this is the first one of her books I've managed to pick up. This book isn't the normal kind of stuff I read but I found it to be very interesting and informative. And funny. Perhaps not quite as funny as Bill Bryson but definitely made a usually dry subject interesting.

Wishin' and Hopin': As a huge fan of Wally Lamb, I'm kind of surprised that it took me this long to read it...but finally the price was right, the time was right. It was the sole "Christmas" book I read this year (usually I don't read any...so...). I think it's aimed for the YA set but not too young as there was a lot of questionable bits. A few nods to She's Come Undone which was my favorite book for years and years. May even dig this out again for next Christmas.

Divergent: With all the talk about this series, especially all the controversy about the final installment, I kind of had to read the first one to see what the hype was about. I thought it was interesting and will probably finish out the trilogy. There was some bits that I wasn't  crazy about but overall, it seemed like an interesting series and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie in March.

Soy Sauce for Beginners: This was one of December Amazon Prime's free pick. I had doubts I'd finish it during the month but managed to get through it. I did not like November's pick very much so my hopes for this one were sort of low but I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was a well written story. I wasn't surprised by the ending but definitely a nice story to curl up with during a relaxing weekend.

The Reason I Jump: As someone who had worked with the developmentally disabled population for years, this book had a huge impact on me. It was super short, can be read in a very short about of time but I definitely want to reread this. It just made so much sense. I am definitely going top recommend this to my coworkers and anyone who has any type of experience with those with special needs, not just autism.

Seven-X: It kept me entertained during a very long boring drive home yesterday. In other circumstances I probably would not have read it. I can't say I liked it, but I can't say I didn't like it either. It was just weird and I'm not really sure what happened.

So that concludes my reading of 2013. Stay tuned for 2014 when I do this all over again.