Just About to Start

The Most of Nora Ephron - Nora Ephron

When Nora Ephron died last year, I wasn't super familiar with her. Her name was familiar and I kind of knew that she was a writer but I had never read any of her books. In the subsequent hours and days after her death, I then learned that she was behind many rom-coms throughout the 90's (You've Got Mail, Sleepless in Seattle, etc.) so that gave me a frame of reference. I made a mental note to pick up one of her books at some point...but hey, 2012 was a busy year for me.

Fast forward to a month or so ago. I entered a Goodreads giveaway for a collection of Ephron's work and promptly forgot about it until I received an email telling me that I had one that particular giveaway and the book arrived last weekend.

It is a big book. 555 pages what appears to me a comprehensive sample of everything Nora Ephron ever did creatively in her life. The Most is broken down into nine sections, ranging from her journalism career, to playwrite, to her personal essays and just about everything in between. Just from a quick glance of that dossier I am amazed that I went 31 one years without realizing who the hell Nora Ephron was.

As it's such a lengthy* book, broken down in so many stories and sections...I will slowly make my way through this tome, sharing my thoughts as I go along.