Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf - Jodi Picoult

From Goodreads: On an icy winter night, a terrible accident forces a family divided to come together and make a fateful decision. Cara, once protected by her father, Luke, is tormented by a secret that nobody knows. Her brother, Edward, has secrets of his own. He has kept them hidden, but now they may come to light, and if they do, Cara will be devastated. Their mother, Georgie, was never able to compete with her ex-husband’s obsessions, and now, his fate hangs in the balance and in the hands of her children. With conflicting motivations and emotions, what will this family decide? And will they be able to live with that decision, after the truth has been revealed? What happens when the hope that should sustain a family is the very thing tearing it apart?

I've read almost all of Jodi Picolt's books, and for the most part, I love her work. Sure, her first few books were mostly a miss, but in recent years, I've almost always found myself sucked in and could not stop reading.

Lone Wolf was an exception. I liked the concept of the book, it was exactly the kind of book I expect from Picoult, but something was missing. Some emotion was missing. Maybe it was because I just did not have the time to read this in one solid chunk of time so the flow was broken up too much. Or maybe the characters were just too far removed. It was interesting, I liked learning about the wolf pack behavior but I just did not connect with this book, in the way I wanted to, needed to.

I'm still looking forward to her newest book coming out in a few months. I do think my expectations will be a little lower then usual.