A Pocketful of Posies

A Pocketful of Posies - W.C. Sorice

I won a free copy of this book via a Booklikes Giveaway.

Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll! Add in the Ku Klux Klan, the FBI, the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr., and you will be amazed by the story of Alexander Posy. A Pocketful of Posies is an inventive novel that successfully sets an FBI conspiracy plot against a decade-spanning American backdrop. It's interweaving of historical episodes, rock-n-roll superstars, Civil Rights angst, and current events will carry readers through the tumultuous times of the 1950s and 60s. In the 1950s and 60s did The FBI target Elvis Presley, Little Richard and Buddy Holly? 1968, did James Earl Ray act alone when he shot and killed Martin Luther King, Jr.? And will Alexander Posy's evidence expose it all? Read the amazing story that tells it all in A Pocketful of Posies!

A Pocketful of Posies is an interesting novel. The summary is very vague so I had no real idea what was going on in this novel initially. All I could tell was that it was a story of four generations of related men named Posey but it was kind of difficult to figure out how exactly they interconnected. Finally, towards the end of the novel is started to make more sense.

What I liked: I liked this book was kind of unique and surprising. I wasn't sure what to expect so it kept me trying to guess how things tied together.

What I didn't like: There was something about the writing style that I wasn't a huge fan of. I'm not sure what it was, but something just didn't quite work. It's a short book, but took me two weekends to get through just because I couldn't seem to invest myself into reading it.