An Innocent Client  - Scott Pratt

An Innocent Client started out rough and until I reached the second section, I nearly put this aside for something else to read. This was the first book I had read by Scott Pratt so I was not used to his style of writing...namely switching between writing in the first person for Joe Dillard and then switching to the third person for other characters. I felt that it was unnecessary and sort of a cop out on Pratt's part. And then there was Landers, one of the investigators...Landers alone nearly made me quit this book. He was such a sexist slimeball he made me feel dirty after reading his parts.

But thankfully he didn't have that much of a part in the second section, and I got used to the switching between first person and third person so it wasn't quite as jarring. And well, I actually ended up liking this book a lot more than what I had predicted early in the book. I still did not like the switching back and forth...I'm still holding onto the opinion that doing that was a cop out, but it was a good story. Exciting. Not sure if I'll read the rest of the books in the series though.