The Athena Effect  - Derrolyn Anderson

I won a copy of this book from a Book Likes giveaway. And well, I've been following the author on here for awhile now so I was doubly excited to get my hands on a copy.

I'm not sure how to classify The Athena Effect. It's not exactly fantasy...so perhaps I sci fi/romance? Whatever it is, it's not exactly the type of book I read on a regular basis so there wasn't much I could compare it to. I vaguely saw hints of The Girl with the Silver Eyes which I read a very long time ago so not sure if that was an influence or a coincidence.

I liked it. I don't think I can say that I loved it but I was definitely surprised by how much I ended up liking it...considering the fact that it really was not the type of book that I typically read and enjoy. It was fun and exciting and while the romance wasn't exactly anything new, I like the science fiction aspect of this story quite a bit. I liked the romance too, in fact, I kind of liked how innocent it seemed but I have to say that I found myself drawn more to to Cali's special abilities.

I don't read a lot of series, but I may have to continue on with this one to see what happens.