I Wonder What It's Like to Be Dyslexic: A Kickstarter Project

I work with individuals with developmental disabilities, I've been working in the field off an on for 7-8 years. On the first day of my current job, I was given the opportunity to experience a program called Vantage Point in which I spent a day at one of the day programs experience various disabilities throughout the day...both physical and mental. One of the tasks I was given was to complete two tasks...read a passage and to work on a cross word. Easy enough? Well, the passage I was to read contained no breaks. AllthewordswereconnectedlikethisandsomehowIhadtopickouteachindividualwordandmakesenseofthepassage. I actually did okay with that task. But the word search was a different thing all together as all the letters were printed backwards. I have enough trouble with word searches as it is...but that one was torture. I can't remember how many words I finally ended up finding...but it was a laughably small number. Of all the tasks I did that day...the crossword was the most challenging and it's the one that sticks out in my mind the most when I think back on that day.

This Kickstarter sounds really exciting. I've never donated to a Kickstarter project before, so I'm not sure if I even can donate to a non American one...but hopefully I can kick this guy a few bucks to go towards his project. It looks completely fascinating.