Let It Be - Chad Gayle

I read the majority of Let It Be on a car trip home from visiting my parents in New Jersey. It was a good book to pass the time, though I'm not sure how it would have fared had I had much else to distract me.

I found the shift of perspectives annoying. The shifts were short and although I suppose having the separate voices were somewhat interesting, I am not sure they added to the story. If anything, I kind of think they were more of a distraction. I think that this book would have been better if written in first person, or 3rd person subjective. The narration was unique, I will give it that but it seemed a little unbalanced.

I also had some trouble following certain scenes. This could have been because of the uneven narration, but I'm not going to blame it entirely on that. I think that it could have partically been because I was reading in the car and distracted by any number of things.

I did however like the characters. I wish there had been more focus on them, so the reader could get to know them a little better. As I was reading the book, I felt detatched from them, which was kind of a shame. The plot was also good. It was different from what I was expecting, which was a good thing.

I kind of want to reread it again, somewhere down the line...this time, I would probably read the novel while listening to Let it Be, I am kind of interested to see if perhaps listening to that album and reading at the same time gives the book a different perspective. I think also it would be good to reread this again when I have less distractions, perhaps then I can relate better.