Between the Lines - Jodi Picoult, Samantha van Leer

I was not planning on reading Between the Lines as the synopsis did not interest me all that much, but when it was featured as a Kindle Daily deal for something like $1.99 I figured that I'd give it a shot. I'm definitely a sucker for those Kindle Daily Deals.

I'm extremely glad that I only paid the $1.99 that I did as like I predicted, it was not my kind of book. Aside from Harry Potter, I just do not care for fantastical type books and while I do enjoy the occasional YA book (definitely in the vein of Sarah Dessen or John Green) this felt more geared towards a middle school aged reader.

The story itself isn't too badly written, and even though it wasn't to my taste...I do have to admit that I was impressed by the imagination behind it. I knew I was not the only person to develop a crush on a fictional character.

The end was weird though. In fact, almost immediately after finishing this book I realized that while I remembered what happened in the beginning and middle of the book...I could not tell you how exactly it ended. It was like having a total short term memory loss so I guess it wasn't all that memorable.